Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Semester Reflection


Rotoscoping

In this project I learned a new type of animation which is called rotoscoping, which is the process of drawing and tracing a video for each frame. It took me a few weeks to make a animation that was 1 second long. I thought it was fun to do this the of animation but it just takes forever to do this much drawing, for this video there are 35-40 drawings. I might try again eventually on a new project with this animation, but I would need plenty of time to do so. I started to run out of time in the end so it doesn't repeat like I wanted it to.




Rigging

This project uses Maya to animate this 3-D Fish. I modeled the fish and colored it then I learned how to rig models, which is not an easy thing to do. The lines that are inside the fish is the skeleton that I put into it. The skeleton is different colors because it shows where I did the rigging. I could have spent more time rigging it because the sides still stretch off of the fish. It was interesting to learn how characters are rigged for animations and how hard it is. I haven't learned how to animate in 3D but when I do start learning how to, it is good to know how to do this. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment