Blog Archive

Monday, April 17, 2017

Personal Blog Post

SFX Animation


Process

This SFX animation was made in After Effects and the explosion was made from several components  like the explosion, the dust, and the smoke. It had to be timed with the explosion and make it seem like a realistic explosion. I had to import all the components of the explosion and add them in one at a time and make sure the timing was with the explosion. Then I had to deal with the lighting that it would have left if it was really in that street, then I had to time the explosion so that it was the brightest when the explosion first comes out. I learned how to deal with masks and how to feathers objects out so that they don't have a sharp edge. If I had more time and experience, I could add a camera shake or more windows breaking, making the explosion seem like it really happened. I would keep the timing the same, it is well timed with the explosion and the sound. After this project, I applied what I learned to do the same thing but in a different scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment