Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Character Story


Character Story Animation:





The Process:

In this project, I had to make an animation with a beginning, middle, and end with a plot. I created the characters in PhotoShop and I created the animation in After Effects. This took me about 1 and a half weeks to create, and not knowing a lot on how to animate I think I did pretty good. Before I even touched the computer to start making the animation, I first made a storyboard over what the animation was going to be about, just that part took about two days. It was a technical animation for me because I had to animate a lot of the parts of the robot, all the body parts were separate, and it got confusing after a while which body parts belonged to each of the robots. I did learn how to do a few things when on After Effects, I learned how to use opacity keyframes and rotation keyframes, like with the laser, it was there the whole time but the opacity was turned down all the way. I could have put more effort into the background, but I just didn't have enough time. In the storyboards, I crossed out a lot of the scenes because I either modified it or did not like the scene when trying to do the animation. The story boards is what I made before making it and I followed it out like a template when making the animation in After Effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment