Blog Archive

Friday, November 11, 2016

Maya Castle

Castle Program

This castle was made in Maya, I just started to learn how to do 3-D animation and how to design and model in Maya. Before making this castle I had no prior knowledge of this software. The first picture is the final product and the second one is in the making inside of Maya.

What I learned

Last year I learned the basics on how to use Sketchup, which is a way simpler version of Maya, and I used some of that knowledge to create this but I did learn quite a few things that were different in Maya. I learned how to use the extrude tool, which is the parts that come up on the wall and the top of the tower. I also learned how to add more divisions onto the shapes to add more polygons onto a shape. I learned how to import a texture from the Internet into Maya, it took me a while to figure it out and how to make the texture repeat more on the castle so that it wasn't really big.

Next Project

Each time I do something in this program I learn something new and maybe, later on, I will be modifying it and make it look better. I am learning how to use lighting in Maya and will probably add some lighting to it. There are a few things in the castle that don't look to well, like the texture on the tower does not seam up very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment